The
only thing hardest when you were hurt is forgiveness.
It
has been a month from the time I broke up with my boyfriend when the news was
unintentionally cracked to me by my friend that made the shards of my scattered
fragments pressed even more deeply into my already broken heart. At that moment,
I leaned on to my friend’s back and wept audibly. The whimsical of negative
emotions surfaced again when I thought I was slowly moving past from it. It was
a deep, soul-wrenching kind of hurt not easily healed.
In a
painful flashback, I remembered how he looked at me, how he held my hands, how
he gave me his warmest embrace, how he whispered I love you, and how my world
was laid in a bed of roses. But right there and then, all of that turned into a
sham. I went home that morning and in my room, I fell trembling on my knees
with my face down to the floor, desperately crying my heart to God as if
washing His feet with my endless tears.
“Lord,
how could You ever allow that?”
Days
passed and I permitted myself to feel the searing pain from time to time. I loved. I
invested. I hoped. I wished. I trusted. I expected. I prayed. Yet, I failed. I
stumbled. I lost. His heart was never totally mine to start with.
Hmmmm.
Life shifts. Seasons change. Events unfold. Circumstances come. Moments pass.
And
a lot of times…
You.
Are. Left. Unprepared. Unguarded. At. The. Most. Untimeliness.
So
was I.
Taking
one heavy step after the other, I wildered in a familiar place with all the
memories confined in every corner. As much as I desired to dissolve, I
simply could not. Sulking in silent tears has been my companion to cushion my
deep wound.
One
particular story in the Bible caught me in ways so personal to my situation.
That’s the story of Ruth. Only 4 chapters. So simple yet speak volumes.
Ruth
faced a childless, widowed, and skint situation after her husband’s demise.
What could have been a marriage expecting to build a family shifted
unexpectedly. Naomi, her mother-in-law, encouraged her along with her
sisters-in-law to go back to their hometowns YET ONLY RUTH REMAINED.
Why
on earth did she even declare to Naomi in Ruth 1:16 “Where you go I will go,
where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God?”
Ruth
trusted God with the unforeseen, the unexpected, and the “testing” surprise.
Ruth fully resolved in herself to move through such season in her life with a
heart totally dependent to God. To embrace such circumstance God allowed no
matter how uncertain the path would be with a hope anchored to Him. That
wilderness can lead to beautiful places because GOD IS FAITHFUL IN DESERT AS HE
IS IN MOUNTAINTOP.
Eventually
later in her story, Ruth met Boaz and she became the grandmother of King David
and ultimately the lineage of Jesus Christ Himself.
Beautiful
story indeed. Ruth chose with boldness and bravery to move past the
life-changing and redefining season of her life, following God with obedience
and security, and trusting Him that He will maximize each moment for greater
purpose.
Now,
what does her story speak to me?
A
lot.
But
to encapsulate it into few words, IT IS TO WAIT IN OBEDIENCE, TRUST, AND
PERSEVERANCE. To go where God calls me to go. To stay where He wants me to
stay. That His people will be my people and He be my God.
God
protected me when I failed to protect myself. God saved me when I almost get
drowned. He brought this season for me to see His hands fully at work in
everything.
Dear
God, like King David, a broken and contrite heart is what I offer that You will not
despise. Thank You because every broken piece of me is in safekeeping with my
Potter’s hand. Thank You for forgiving me and for empowering me to forgive others. Help me to start all over again. I
trust You and I will wait for You to turn everything beautiful in Your perfect
time. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
To
my God-given friends, thank you with all the words saying thank you. Your friendship
was and is continuously my blessing in disguise.

Comments
Post a Comment