Have
you ever heard of a heartbreaking story and wondered afterwards how that person
was able to overcome it? Or have you even attempted to share yours—that part
that is jagged with all the sharp edges, the creases and crevices left from
your experience of being stumbled at the rock bottom?
Last
year was a sail amidst the roiling waves.
Just like Peter, when he already began walking in the water yet he sunk
because he was moved to fear from the wind, I, with all my frailties, almost
turned my back from it but the Lord compelled me to venture the waters and to even
dive deeply to it.
My
untimely brokenness led to a catapult of faith. I thought I was spiritually
growing but when God allowed such painful experience, there I realized I was
standing at complacency. I desperately need growing and maturing without
stopping.
I
have learned so much from last year and if there’s something that I want to
share, it is that…
“Your painful story does not have to finish
beautifully for you to share it. You can, in all its messiness.”
It
does not have to be in order, done in a neat and tidy script before God can use it. It
does not even have to have its conclusion with all the answers to the “whys.”
Sometimes,
healing comes from admitting that you are not ok. Sometimes, healing comes from
showing your weakness. Sometimes, healing comes from telling your painful
story, that thing that makes you feel utterly worthless, because God can use it
even if it is seemingly tattered at the moment.
Never be afraid of being a broken thing.
Strange as it may be, it’s in the breaking that there is life.
Just
like a wave that keeps tossing the shore no matter how it is being pulled away,
it has no beauty unless it crushes and breaks.
There
will be days when you wish to hide your scars, days when you want to escape the
bearing of it. But if there will be no mark, how can you ever say that you
loved? Scars are actually signs of how you loved. Even Jesus was scarred because of His love for you and for me.
So,
if you are breaking apart, break deep. Don’t fear it. Don’t even take pride in
your own strength to overcome it. Instead, plunge into it because the only way
through an overwhelming wave is to dive deep into the depths of water and be
moved by the Living Water and be transformed with the rising current of His Grace.
What
is it that God is calling you to stop concealing and just trust Him in sharing?
God makes all things work for the good of those who love Him. God can use yours
for the healing of others. It is not about the greatness of your story. It is
about the greatness of our God.

Comments
Post a Comment