Even
if I know it is never healthy to fear or even if there seems to be no reason to
fear, sometimes, it just gets into my nerves and I cannot simply disconnect
myself from it.
Tomorrow
will be our last exam for the semester but as for me, some of us, not yet. We
have pending remedial as soon as we get back from our month-long community
exposure.
Not yet. Just hold some more!
This
has been a reality in my academe when I entered medical school. I knew
beforehand it would be tough however it was totally different when I took my
first step after the other, one day after the other. My seemingly bold steps
turned into small steps to even standing in tiptoe. Yes, as for me, it was like
tiptoeing in a rope; carefully balancing with each step forward while holding
fast to whatever there is to hold on.
Yet now, I am just afraid. Undeniably
afraid.
The
disciples, even when they personally walked with Jesus in His ministry, even
when they became witnesses of His miracles, even when they were being promised that
He would rise after three days, they were there inside a jarred room with all
the fear gripping in their hearts despite the fact that the women ran after
them and proclaimed that the tomb was empty.
Bound by fear. This was the picture of
the disciples after Jesus was crucified.
But
Jesus suddenly appeared to them. Jesus was with them.
“Peace be with you…He breathed on them and
said Receive the Holy Spirit…Stop doubting and believe!”
Those
words came from Jesus who even allowed one disciple to touch His nailed hands
and side for “proof” that it was indeed He.
What
comfort that is! There is no condemnation for fear. Jesus did not judge them.
Jesus did not rebuke them for all the Truths they were missing out. He simply
drew close to them and breathed peace over their fearful hearts.
There
are countless times when I am caught in fear’s captivity where I even feel less
than and left behind. But God is inviting me to His Presence. To depend on His strength so I can walk in faith and not fear.
He comes close…until fear disappears and peace springs up!

Comments
Post a Comment