All at once, my heart shifted to its
fullest gear that prompted tears to puddle around the corner of my eyes when my
mother cracked the news over the phone that my brother passed the Physician
Licensure Exam 2018. What we kept on claiming as our simple mantra as siblings:
“Puso
at Dasal” yielded its fruit.
Surreal is an understatement to
the immeasurable greatness of God.
Through the years, one of my
constant faith goals was that more than the license, my brother would come
to know Jesus personally, come to love Him deeply, and come to worship Him
fully through the Bible. Little did I expect, everything took place
during his review. A reviewee from my school met my brother at the review
center and shared the Gospel of Jesus to him. From that day onwards, every
bible verse posted, every Christian song listened to, every fellowship photo
shared, every online bible study, every act of asking, clarifying and sharing
of certain verses from him…I fell on my knees to worship Jesus!
In boldness, I even declared it
to my brother prior taking the first part of his exam that the next thing God
would fulfill would be his license. That God would do it all for His greater
glory. That what He started, He would bring to completion.
While waiting for the results, one
night I broke down as I looked at the photo of our little brother, Joshua,
whose seemingly little courage of not complaining even up to his last breath spurred
the bold courage in us (me and kuya) to journey on the topsy-turviness of
medicine. Then, amidst my sob, the nudge came across and tendered my heart “I am
smiling Up here.”
Here in the outskirts, I kept on
whispering prayers in between the day that “For Him, in Him, and through Him, we will rejoice.” And just about an
hour before the release, we even exchanged text messages with my brother.
Me: Kuya, wala pa ang result noh?
Kuya: Wala pa eh.
Me: Sige lang
Kuya: Kapoy na kulba pa!
Me: Psalm 27:13-14
“I remain confident of this: I
will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”
I rolled up my blanket and
reiterated such personal life verses to me to speak blessing in our waiting. I literally
fell asleep and my phone rang.
HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!
Dear God, as I write this account
at midnight, my tears will speak of such unspeakable joy in my heart right
now for such a God-orchestrated time like this. Thank You because Your plans far
outweighed ours and behind this earthly victory is an eternal one anchored to the salvation
of Your Son, Jesus Christ, whose victory only radiated to the undeserving ones
like us. And yes, I look forward for things to unfold to complete the
picturesque masterpiece You designed for me and my family. Take the glory, Father. It's all Yours. In Jesus’ Name.
Amen.

I cant help it ...as i read ur blog tears silently falling...thank you anak for never giving up on kuya n nec nec..hoping u can do same wid me n papang...take care always of ur health..me n papang cares for you n love so dearly...never give up on what u have started ..i know u too have same faith like kuya..God bless anak.
ReplyDelete