"Very truly I tell you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit." John 12:24
It has been a week of looking at the mirror and what kept on tossing back was a reflection of my brokenness. From security to insecurity. From trust to betrayal. From hope to despair.
Why did You allow it to happen, Lord? Was it because I trusted You a little less? Or I trusted the relationship a little more that dependence on You was gradually and unconsciously lost? Why did You bring such brokenness?
Those were honest questions I had thrown to God. Insecurity, betrayal, and despair—three words that escalated the pain continuously squeezing my heart so intense I could scarcely breathe every time I curled up in my bed at midnight. They were a painful revelation of the content of my heart. Unknowingly, the relationship became an identity to me. That he, without any blame, took away God's throne in my heart.
Clearly, I had put so much into it that I became oblivious of Who ought to do the filling. I held a tight grip that I grew unaware of releasing it to the One who must hold it. The mere fact I got my heart broken only depict of who had taken the lead—myself. Though I kept on saying He was my top priority, but the awful reality was He had taken the backseat for that area of my life.
The above verse was the devotion I read before that unpredictable conversation happened which brought relentless tears from the deepest of my soul.
"Falls and dies"—the portrait of such unforeseen brokenness in me. But unless I will get broken into shattered bits, I will not be able to behold on the beauty of His molding into wholeness and completeness in my life.
That even calls for letting go. Of absolute abandon. Of full surrender.
Letting go must be a tough word. The very thought of it was so daunting because it would entail giving up my right to make a decision for my relationship. With a chance of tears, how could I ever let go of the person I chose right before God? Days have passed that I wrestled it with God but the conviction remained the same. He was asking me to trust Him—fully, completely, and wholeheartedly.
In few hours, I will leave home and go back to face the realities I left behind on that city. This time I may be setting to sail into a different tune. I may not know the music but i know every rhythm is personally composed by the One who desires to play the sweeter song that will attract others in rhapsody of worship.
Thus, the bearing of much fruit.
To you, my love, I am sorry for this. May we grow in Him. And I love you with the love of Jesus.
In few hours, I will leave home and go back to face the realities I left behind on that city. This time I may be setting to sail into a different tune. I may not know the music but i know every rhythm is personally composed by the One who desires to play the sweeter song that will attract others in rhapsody of worship.
Thus, the bearing of much fruit.
To you, my love, I am sorry for this. May we grow in Him. And I love you with the love of Jesus.
Comments
Post a Comment