It is time to make your choice.
You are standing between two kingdoms—one a thriving land of ease,
pleasure, and comfort; the other a humble, hidden hole in the side of a
mountain. One promises acceptance, distraction, and pleasure. The other
promises persecution, difficulty…and true fulfillment.
Can you hear that gentle voice calling your name? It is the voice of
the one true King, saying:
I have chosen you. I have called you by name. I ask you to come away
from Saul’s camp and become numbered among My set-apart ones who dwell with Me
in the cave. Bring nothing with you, leave everything behind, and do not look
back. Cut off all allegiance to your former homeland, and come away with Me. It
will not be an easy path. But unless you die with Me, you will never know what
it means to truly live. Come away to the cave. Come away with your King.
The King has called you by name. He has chosen you to be counted among
His faithful ones, a set-apart woman after His own heart.
It is time to make your choice. Are you ready to say yes to His sacred
invitation? Will you join the host of set-apart women throughout history who
have chosen to live by the following creed?
I have decided to follow Jesus,
I have decided to follow Jesus,
I have decided to follow Jesus—
No turning back, no turning back.
The world behind me, the cross before me,
The world behind me, the cross before me,
The world behind me, the cross before me—
No turning back, no turning back.
Though none go with me, I will still follow,
Though none go with me, I will still follow,
Though none go with me, I will still follow—
No turning back, no turning back.
*Inspired by an Indian Christian in the 1800s who boldly spoke these words
in the face of death, as he and his family were martyred for their faith in
Christ. After their heroic deaths, their killers were so moved by the family’s
courage and faith that they too became Christians.”
That is the epilogue of the book entitled The Set-apart Woman by Leslie Ludy which
was given to me by my accountability partner before I left and went back here
in the city.
What happened this morning was after I took a bath, I saw
the book and I opened to have a quick glance of the pages. Surprisingly, I was
brought to that page, the epilogue. Right there I broke into weeping because
that SEALED-OFF the calling of God.
The song Christ is
enough was so close to my heart because that was the song being played in
that one youth service I attended back in college, that moment when I could not
anymore resist His calling after my first turning-back, that moment when I
decided to say YES to Him no matter
what the world will throw at me because of my leap of faith.
Each word from that epilogue pierced through the depths of
every part of my being. In between the line, God was calling me once again.
My fear for the outcome of my remedial exams, whether I will
make it or not,
My fear for the outcome of the call to let go of my
relationship, regardless of how hard it must be,
God, in His gentle voice, is choosing a filthy rag like me,
to come to Him in COMPLETE
SURRENDER.
YES LORD. NO TURNING BACK. I WILL STILL FOLLOW YOU.

Comments
Post a Comment