Skip to main content

God just wants you to draw near

Have you ever been broken, guilty, and distant from God? Have you honestly asked if God could still save and redeem you if you keep on returning to the same sin you have vowed a number of times never to get back? 

Truth of the matter, I am not an exception to that. I have been a Christian for quite some time already, surrendered my life to Jesus years back. I have been claiming one Promise after the other, holding one Truth after the other. However, Satan’s “lies” are undeniably real and at times leave me consumed with so much unworthiness. 

How do I overcome such seemingly helpless falling into the same sin? How can I fight the feeling of being powerless of its grip? Am I really a “new creation?” That the old has gone and the new has come?

This is where the real fight comes in and this is the whole point of WHY I LOVE JESUS. With reverence, I boldly repeat, the whole point of WHY I LOVE JESUS.

“DRAW NEAR WITH CONFIDENCE TO THE THRONE OF GRACE…”
HEBREWS 4:16

A simple, deep, positive, and full of assurance “command” to draw near Him, to approach His throne of Grace. Not in fear of rejection but in confidence like a child approaching her Father. He invites to come close to Him with all my iniquities. He desires for me not to run away but to run to Him with my sins. That in drawing near, I direct my heart into the presence of God who may be far in His holiness in heaven but as personal and near as a knock of faith. 

“Look at me, Child. Your worth is at My Cross. Here I am. Come.”

God took the record of all my sins—from past to present and future—that qualified me to hell; instead He put them in the palm of His Son’s hands and nailed them to the Cross.

Oh how undeserving! The Holy and Worthy Lamb at the Cross for a filthy rag like me! What Christ did on the Cross is a finished work. No need for performing. No need for adding. Only receiving through faith. That the blood of Christ completely covers my sins, removes all the shame and guilt, and replaces it with His righteousness. That I can speak, by faith, to Satan whenever he accuses me, “I know I have sinned. It grieves me. I am guilty. Nevertheless, I have a Savior, Jesus Christ, who shed His precious blood for me, to save me, to redeem me, to deliver me from darkness to light.”

My friend, just so you can relate to this, let me remind that the battle has already been triumphed at the Cross; however, the fight of faith is to fight anything or anyone that dims our sight of Jesus. To fight that which minimizes His Lordship, attempts to replace Him. To fight for the joy of Salvation only found in Him. This fight does not come from passive sitting but from active standing in the Truth of Christ. 

Still and all, overcoming is simply resting in hope and it is at God’s right hand sits our ultimate hope. It is never in who we are in the present or who we will be in the future and not even on what we have or what we can give. Our final hope lies not in ourselves but in Jesus Christ alone, who has overcome the world, and in whom we, too, will overcome. 


When all else were singing "Find us faithful" by Steve Green,
I stood trembling, crying, whispering "All by Thine Grace."

We're pilgrims on the journey
Of the narrow road
And those who've gone before us line the way
Cheering on the faithful, encouraging the weary
Their lives a stirring testament to God's sustaining grace


Surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses
Let us run the race not only for the prize
But as those who've gone before us
Let us leave to those behind us
The heritage of faithfulness passed on through godly lives


Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful
May the fire of our devotion light their way
May the footprints that we leave
Lead them to believe
And the lives we live inspire them to obey
Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful

After all our hopes and dreams have come and gone
And our children sift through all we've left behind
May the clues that they discover and the memories they uncover
Become the light that leads them to the road we each must find



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fixing the eyes

So their midnight conversation ended with an exchange of "good night." And there my heart, broken into shattered pieces. In an instant. At the most untimely time.  I didn't know where on this world had I drawn the courage to endure reading as each message kept on popping up as they recalled their past when I could have just closed my laptop right away so as not to let the piercing pain get through.  But I silently endured it up to their very last words while my heart was ruthlessly ripped away leaving it to smithereens.  I could have just flare-up in anger because silence was not my nature. To keep my mouth shut was never my kind. But, right at that moment, that voice, though a whisper compared to my slam-bang clatter, was a crystal clear I ought not to resist.  I knew it was God who tamed my waiting-to-explode emotions. He compelled me to be silent. To pour such dark cloud of despair to Him, even up to the rising of sun.  So what happen...

Mountain lessons

2 lessons Mt. Talinis imparted to me: 1. It pays to LOOK BACK When the whole group reached the outpost after 4 hours of hiking up and down, over rocks, across streams and swamps, they decided to settle there. However, Me and my classmate (bro Kyle Windsor) thought of attempting to continue the trail and hike all the way up to have a glimpse of the lake and eventually summit Mt. Talinis. Compared to what we've gone through from the bottom to outpost, the trail from that point to up was far difficult and challenging because the path gets too tricky. Your moves have to be cautioned according to the ascending climb and indeed it was no easy feat. My body especially my legs begun to ache. That was the time when the seemingly competition was between me and the one inside my head. "I'm not going to make it. I'm not strong enough." On the way up, it was so easy to give in to these anxiety demons and just stop the whole track. How I have overcome the mental chorus...

Ripple effect

Sometimes, all it takes is a heart that does not measure But only knows how to willingly give. That way, perhaps, The world can hear a perfect symphony of peace. Sometimes, all it takes is a mind that does not settle at boundaries But courageously dives into the deep waters, plunging into it, And discovering real treasures only found in the littlest of things. That way, perhaps, The world can know simplicity. Sometimes, all it takes is an eye that does not judge But rather looks behind the physical that reveals a humble beauty ready to sprinkle the light that will shine above the rest. That way, perhaps, The world can realize how beautifully created it was. Sometimes, all it takes is an ear that does not just hear But earnestly listens to what the lips plead. That way, perhaps, The world can withstand pain. Sometimes, all it takes is a mouth that does not carelessly reject And unwittingly use the most scathing words But rather speaks for...