November 14, 2014
Random person: "Bakit kaya ang dami mong trials? Ang
bata mo pa pero ang dami mo ng pinagdaanan. Dati, naoperahan ka sa ulo. Ngayon,
naoperahan kana naman ulit."
Me: Ok naman ako. (I genuinely smiled)
Yesterday, I underwent minor surgery named breast mass
excision at my right breast. It was almost a year from the time I had an
ultrasound of my breasts for the reason that i palpated a small lump at my right
breast. Little did I expect, I was diagnosed with bilateral fibroadenomas or in
layman's term "benign tumors" at both breasts as per ultrasound
result. The one i palpated was approximately 3cm and at the other side was 1cm
and still non-palpable. The extracted tumor is still for biopsy which I hope will
reflect negative result.
Hmmm, what urges me to post this is not to make a ballyhoo
so as to attract attention or whatever. This is solely related to the above
remark which happened to be not my first time to hear but beyond number
already.
Indeed, at the age of 21, I have my fair share of rough
roads and stumbling blocks. Be it mourning from loss of a brother, fatal
accidents, victim of natural disasters like flood, earthquakes, and sea mishap,
medical conditions like MVP and etc.
I cannot blame people for creating such remarks because I am
certain that it is out of their concern for me. Even so, I would like to share
what I perceive on the events of my life and it goes something like this...
"At some point of our lives, we would experience
defeat, loss, and fall. And just like a sand castle, we might break apart from
the gigantic wave named reality. But God designed us in His very own image and
likeness and because of that He knows our nature and capabilities. Trials might
be thrown to us to test our nature to strive and swim against the seemingly
gigantic wave, to challenge its existence or even throw it out of our way.
But in simple words, trials are actually there to simply
remind us of one thing --- FAITH. WE OVERCOME NOT BY TRYING BUT WE OVERCOME BY
TRUSTING. NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS."
What are my trials compared to my blessings like waking up
each day and having the chance to savor life per se? AND WHAT ARE THEY COMPARED
TO WHAT JESUS HAD TO GO THROUGH BECAUSE OF ME THOUSAND YEARS AGO? See, I have
nothing to complain.
Never did I imagine I would feel the first slice, the cuts,
retracts, and stitches. Weeew. Good thing I had an awesome doctor who managed
to crack a joke all throughout the procedure so as to keep me less anxious.
Still on pain scale of 6/10 and currently nursing myself but all is well.
Thank you Lord. Now, I got 2 scars to remind me of Your
constant FAITHFULNESS.

Lovelove, JC. 😘
ReplyDeleteThank you aren! 💕
DeleteGod is good :D So touching JC. May God bless us all <3
ReplyDeleteThank you jayva. God bless you too. 😊
ReplyDelete