December 12, 2014
Just this noon, inside the operating room...
Doctor Ferrer: "Oh, naoperahan na pala yan. (Pertaining
to my scar at the right breast) What happened?"
Doctor Chio: "Hindi nakuha lahat ng mass. May
naiwan."
(While injecting anesthesia)
Doctor Ferrer: "Tingnan ko pa lang, parang ako yung
napapasigaw. Kaya di ako nagsurgeon."
Ma'am Jen: "Isigaw mo na yan jc."
Doctor Ferrer: "Grabe. Pangatlong beses mo na yan ah.
Ang tapang. How did you manage to endure the pain?"
Doctor Chio: "Kaya niya yan."
Me: (Speechless)
All of us inside the OR were laughing but they did not know
I was holding too tight and too hard on the edge of the bed and gradually
crossed my feet, pushing them towards each other just so I could keep myself
from shouting. HAHAHA
How did I endure the pain? I stared blankly at the light
flushing towards me; not minding their random talks about hospital-related
concerns. I thought about it. I thought deeply about it. All of a sudden, my
little brother popped up into my mind---HOW HE NEVER COMPLAINED WHEN HE WAS
SICK DURING HIS FINAL DAYS IN THIS WORLD. How he managed to wake up in the
morning to go to school despite his on-and-off fever. How he managed to just
silently lie on sofa or bed whenever he was too weak to move around.
Thank you baby for teaching me how to never complain! That's
my lifetime lesson from you. In this world, you're my epitome of courage and
endurance.
Above all, thank you Lord Jesus. Despite the repeated
operation, what matters is the biopsy result---"fibroadenoma or benign
tumor." Once again, Your grace overflowed to me! I have nothing to claim.
All glory and praise belong to You alone!

Comments
Post a Comment